Backend Engineer - Rotterdam
What they are looking for
Manager says: "Can you handle the responsibility of the freedom you get at our organisation? Can you give and receive constructive feedback? Do you want to work in a small dedicated team in our cosy office in the centre of Rotterdam? Are you good at Mario kart? Then we are looking for you!"
Who they are
Energy Global is a service provider for Energy suppliers and large industry in the energy market. Based in Rotterdam this organization offers a variety of services surrounding portfolio management and making predictions on the Energy market. Customers are looking for knowledge and information in addition to their internal knowledge and process. The organization is knowledge driven and the team consists of data-analysts and software engineers working on issues customers face on Energy consumption.
The Energy market is about controlling the balance between energy consumption and production. Energy Global helps their customers by predicting Gas and Electricity demand and production from sustainable sources. The team of data analysts and IT professionals research and model energy markets. The outcomes are being converted into indicators which managers use for decisions in the energy markets.
The role of Backend Engineer - Rotterdam
While working as a Backend Engineer at Energy Global you are responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of the applications which are used for their own services. These applications are being used within the organization and by their customers. Working at Energy Global means working on multiple projects within an informal atmosphere and contribute to the development processes. Because of the fast changing energy market it is very important to continually develop new tools to keep up with the current market standards.
A few of the following activities will be part of your tasks:
- Development, direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation;
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware or to improve performances;
- Analyse user needs and software requirements.
Who you are
While applying for the role as a Backend Engineer at Energy Global the following requirements will increase your chances:
- A relevant bachelor;
- Thorough knowledge of PHP (OO) (v5.6 - v7.x);
- Thorough knowledge of relational database architecture (MySQL);
- Experience with version control (Git);
- Experience with Symfony Framework (v3x) and Doctrine2;
- You understand the following terms: DRY and KISS;
- Experienced in working with DDD;
- Experienced in working with server management/configuration (Apache, Tomcat, Docker).
As an Backend Engineer at Energy Global you can expect the following:
- A competitive salary which is based on your experience and education level;
- Continuous development of your knowledge;
- An informal and quality driven working environment;
- A friendly team, working within a living room atmosphere.
I want this job!
Please apply by using the Solliciteer/Apply button below. Do you have any questions or do you need some more information about this role? Don’t hesitate to contact Geronimo Vergilio by calling +31 6 40104717 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As long as the vacancy is available on our website, we are open to applications.